The following sites show the mileage from real customers from mostly central Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Austria) for different mid drives and different hub drives. Just in one chart per motor system, you can see
- for how long were the motors working w/o damage
- if there exist motor problems with the system
- when or at what mileage occured a motor damage.
From all registered pedelecs the mileages are summarized in one chart per motor system. If you need any help to understand the data or charts, please contact me.
Here is one example for a Bosch system, x-axis in kilometers.
- GREEN: the motor is running w/o failure or damage
- RED: the motor is damaged or not working at the shown mileage
- All listed bikers gave a mileage update within the last 12 month.
The more people are sharing their experiences like the current mileage and the motor problems, the better an estimation for the reliability could be performed. Especially if you want to buy a used pedelec, these data could help to find good and reliable motor systems.
So please join and show your mileage to make the pedelecmonitor
For the following systems, information for mileage are available:
Mid drives (Mittelmotor):
- Bafang BBS
- Bosch Generation 1, 2 and 3
- Shimano Steps
- Yamaha PW & PWX
Hub drives (Nabenmotor):
All charts are free to use!